I do want to put out a quick post on this for those of you that have had questions about the Lions program for boys in Kindergarten. Please note that this information pertains only to the Crosswinds District.
Personally, I think it is a great idea and could be part of an expansion of the Tigers program. They have done it for years in girl scouts (aka Daisies). The Y Guides also start in Kindergarten. So, why not Cub Scouts?
Officially for our district, the Lions program is not part of the Cub Scout program. However, Packs are welcome to bring in visitors to the pack with a few restrictions.
– The boy can be a sibling of a current scout
– if the boy does not have a sibling in scouting, the boy’s parent will need to sign up to be a leader in the Pack
– Lions can only meet at the meeting place that other dens are meeting at the same time
– attend all pack events
– join other dens with their activities
– have their own meetings in the same location and time as other dens
– have their own ‘uniform’. We used t-shirts and a hat last year
– have lots of fun!
Hope this info is useful if you want to start a Lions program in your pack. I hope to post more on what they did last year soon.